Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wheeking

    It's amazing how guinea pigs will make a wheeking noise when they hear a bag rattle, when they are out of food or water, or just want your attention or a treat. Never knew the critters could be so loud at it as well. I have an extra room, just for my pets. I often have that door closed, so not to disturb them when I am up late and watching t.v. It's funny how you can still hear their wheeking thru the doors. My guinea pig Hershey loves to stick his nose out of his door, every time he sees you coming, hoping that you have a treat or 2 for him. He will often grap a piece of carrot out of my hand, and go run in the corner of his cage with it, to savor every bit. He acts like now that he got his prize, he wants to go and enjoy it.
     Sweet Pea and her sister Gizmo, like to stick their noises up in the air, like they are stuck up, sniffing the air, to smell what you brought. Squeekers sticks her nose up in the air as well, waiting for her lettuce, or whatever you bring her, while Tigar Lilly chews on the side of her cage. I normally wait to give the sisters their treats for last, as it's fun to see them run around the cage and wheek, wondering where their treat may be. They will take turns sticking their noses out at you, and wheek. 
    When my guinea pigs are gone, I know I will miss them dearly. They become a part of your lives as much as a cat or dog, or any other pet a person may have. They are like having a small rabbit around the house with tiny ears, and no tail. They pretty much eat the same as a rabbit does, and are more closly related to them then they are to rodents. Many people think they are of the rodent family, but they are in a class of their own, called cavies. I love all animals, some more then others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment